February 02, 2015

A Love of Rituals..

I have recently returned from just under 3 months abroad. Whilst I had the most magical and rememberable travels, my skin was not experiencing the same happy glow as I was feeling. 
Days and days of laying out in the sun, and experiencing all that the incredible European Summer has to offer, my skin - in particular my face was starting to show signs. 
I noticed my skin was looking dull and dehydrated. The buildup of stratum corneum (the dead, outermost skin cell layer) can make skin appear blotchy and uneven. So with that in mind, I increased my water & took to my skin with my best exfoliant. I then purchased a few ‘wish list’ items which I had my eye on, this brings me to my new beloved Rituals. 
Active hydrating face lotion - 50ml € 24,50
This is such an amazing face lotion. With natural antioxidants and an active hydrating complex. I use this as my daily moisturiser. I find it helps to even my skins surface and preps it wonderfully before applying make up. This lotion leaves the skin looking beautifully hydrated, looking supple.
Deep Recovery Night Cream - 50ml € 29,50
Now I believe the true success in restoring life back to my skin was (along with plenty of water) the Deep Recovery Night Cream. This cream is unbelievably silky soft and glides onto your skin, with a beautiful soft scent, it isn't too heavy on the face. With caring botanical extracts and an active anti-aging complex to help the skin rehydrate overnight and to reduce the appearance of fine lines. This night cream is now my little jar of happiness and brings so much life back to my skin. 
Now I could not do this post without mentioning my one other purchase from Rituals. 
If you follow me on Instagram, you would probably know I have been addicted to anything rose as of late. With my rose scented and infused collection growing, I couldn’t walk past this little delight. 
Chakra Water Light Bed and Body Mist - 50 ml € 16,50
This is a hydrating bed and body mist for skin, bedding or other textiles which leaves skin feeling refreshed. Now at first glance I thought this might be just the same as any other rose body mist. But WOW this is different, the delicate fragrance of Indian Rose with a hint of Himalayan Honey, making it just a touch more earthy. 
The Rituals description listed the mist as the perfect finish for your own Ayurveda ritual. This sparked an immediate interest with me as I am very interested traditional Hindu medicine, among other forms of alternative medicine. 
The only downfall I have found with my new love of Rituals is that I am now officially addicted to a product which I can not purchase in Australia. #firstworldproblems
I hope you have enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments if you use any Rituals products or even what your holly grail face products are, I would love to give some others a try once I have used every last drop of these. 
Much Love, S.
Rituals_Active_Moisture_Lotion_50ml_1376319635 Rituals-Anti_age-Deep_Recovery_Night_Cream31QHQkZGk7L._SX342_
http://eu.rituals.com/en-es/home

No comments

Post a Comment